Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Did John Galt Arrive?

The intrusion continues...here's the latest from the House Financial Services Committee, whom most of you know the chairman, Barney Frank. Yes, Mr. I-helped-create-the-financial-crisis himself has quietly brought back the proposed (and unconstitutional) tax on compensation. But, this bill goes a step further by giving Comrade Secretary Geithner the right to set compensation for any employee in a company which has received government funding.

What's more is the quote from the bill' s author, Rep. Alan Grayon (D-FL)

"you should not get rich off public money, and you should not get rich off of abject failure." Grayson expects the bill to pass the House, and as we talked, he framed the issue in a way to suggest that virtuous lawmakers will vote for it, while corrupt lawmakers will vote against it.

"This bill will show which Republicans are so much on the take from the financial services industry that they're willing to actually bless compensation that has no bearing on performance and is excessive and unreasonable," Grayson said. "We'll find out who are the people who understand that the public's money needs to be protected, and who are the people who simply want to suck up to their patrons on Wall Street."

With proposals like this bounding out of our Congressional Politburo, there won't be an employee on Wall Street left. In case he forgot, four of Congressman Grayson's top five campaign contributors are large unions. Most union pension funds are heavily invested in the stock market. Hmm...

Also, whose virtue does Congressman Grayson espouse?

I'm looking for John Galt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are around 240 bucks on every site. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the velcros are approximately 250 dollars everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what is your opinion?